Alcohol Addiction in Texas | Stonegate Center
Alcohol Abuse Treatment in Texas
Has “just one drink” each night turned into three or four? Is it hard to get through the day without alcohol? Are you unable to quit drinking on your own? If the answer is yes to any of these questions, you or your loved one may have alcohol use disorder. Unhealthy drinking habits impair one’s health and lifestyle, and they could progress to the point of alcoholism if left untreated.
If you or a loved one is in need of support finding alcohol treatment in Texas, please contact us at Stonegate Center. Our 12-step recovery programs are tailored to your personal recovery goals. We’re ready to help you get a fresh start.
What Is Alcohol Addiction?
You may need treatment for alcoholism if you drink more than what’s considered “moderate.” Moderate drinking is measured as two drinks per day for men and one drink for women. One alcoholic drink, in this case, is defined as:
- 12 oz. of beer
- 5 oz. of wine
- 1.5 oz. of hard liquor
Two patterns that may be associated with alcohol addiction are binge drinking and heavy drinking:
- Binge drinking: Consumption of five or more drinks for men and four or more for women in the space of two hours.
- Heavy drinking: Drinking excessively over the course of a day or week. For men, heavy drinking is considered four-plus drinks a day or more than 14 servings of alcohol in a week. For women, it’s more than three drinks daily or more than seven weekly.
Alcohol use disorder is a disease with a wide-ranging impact on America’s public health. In 2019, 14.1 million adults said they suffered from some form of the disorder, according to a survey from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. Risk factors for alcohol abuse include a genetic disposition to drinking, a family history of alcohol misuse, co-occurring mental health conditions such as depression or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and drinking at an early age.
Alcohol use disorder spans a spectrum from mild alcohol abuse to alcoholism. In that end-stage, drinking becomes uncontrollable. People with alcoholism must drink to function each day, no matter the cost to themselves or others. That’s why it’s important to seek treatment to help manage the disease. Therapies can include medication, support groups, and behavior modification through modalities such as talk therapy.
Warning Signs of Alcohol Abuse
Continued alcohol abuse leads to tolerance and dependency. That means you rely on alcohol, in progressively larger quantities, to function. Symptoms may start off mild but grow worse as the alcohol abuse continues. Here are some of the signs to watch for:
- Uncontrollable drinking.
- Blacking out due to intoxication.
- Engaging in risky behaviors.
- Lying to cover up the extent of alcohol use.
- Forsaking relationships and responsibilities in favor of drinking.
- Drinking during the day or other unusual times.
- Falling into legal trouble due to alcohol abuse.
- Withdrawal symptoms when alcohol consumption stops.
- Increased risk of health problems, including ulcers, liver disease, high blood pressure, vision disorders, and more.
Why Our Alcohol Addiction Program Works
Stonegate Center’s alcoholism treatment programs are led by professionals experienced in the issues involved with addiction. Our Christian rehab center is a judgment-free space where we can help you understand this chronic disease and give you the tools you need to overcome alcohol addiction.
Our programs are designed to treat the individual, based on their particular needs and circumstances. That starts as soon as the client begins treatment at Stonegate Center.
Alcohol Addiction Treatment at Stonegate Center
- First, we conduct a thorough medical assessment to determine the need for detoxification. Withdrawal symptoms from alcoholism can be intense and painful, so we house clients in a comfortable detox wing on campus, where they are supervised by a physician and nurse practitioner.
- After detox, clients take up residence in our gender-separated facilities and start working on the tools they need for recovery. Our programs take a whole-person approach that addresses healing for the mind, body, and spirit. Stonegate Center offers fitness and nutrition therapies, individual, group, and family counseling, and sessions that teach the concepts of meditation and prayer principles. Treatment plans are personalized for each client.
- Finally, our continuum of care progresses even after clients leave our residential treatment program. To help ensure a smooth transition back to their everyday life and offer support in the early stages of recovery. That’s why we offer aftercare programs for our alumni, as well as the Trevor’s House Drug Rehab & Sober Living facility for men. Stonegate Center is with you every step of the way as you start out on the road to recovery.
Alcohol Abuse Treatment Services in Texas
You’re not alone in seeking help—in 2018, almost 23% of all admissions to Texas substance abuse treatment centers were alcohol-related. There are many rehab facilities in major cities, but some people prefer to travel for treatment. Our 125-acre ranch in Azle is close to the Dallas-Fort Worth area but offers a secluded environment so you can focus on your sobriety.
Our admissions team is available 24 hours a day, every day, at (817) 993-9733. During a confidential consultation, our experienced admissions counselors will make you feel welcome, answering any questions you have about treatment for alcoholism at Stonegate Center.
You’ll learn more specifics about our treatment programs, which require a minimum commitment of 45 days. We can also work with you on insurance verification to see if your plan covers rehabilitation services. And our counselors will talk with you about your history of alcohol use and any current symptoms to ensure Stonegate Center is the right fit for you.
Get Alcoholism & Alcohol Abuse Treatment with Stonegate Center
Stonegate Center is a safe haven to help you with effective and compassionate alcohol abuse treatment in Texas. We specialize in addiction treatment that uses evidence-based rehabilitation principles and faith-centered practices to start you on a brighter, healthier path towards a life of recovery. Contact us today to begin your journey.
Get Treatment in 4 Easy Steps
Stonegate Center is structured as a 90-day residential treatment program. We recognize that not all prospective clients can to commit to that length of stay. We require a 45-day minimum commitment with options to extend care based off medical necessity.
Call us at (817) 993-9733 or fill out our confidential insurance verification form to check your insurance policy coverage. Insurance PPO plans cover most of the addiction treatment costs. Other types of insurance may require out-of-pocket fees.
During the final phase of the admissions process, a Pre-Screen phone call will be conducted with our licensed Admissions Specialist, which involves a series of questions designed to ensure that we're the right fit.
General Disclaimer: Stonegate Center website is designed for general education and information purposed only and does not render or offer medical advice, professional or psychiatric opinions. Information provided on this site should not be used for diagnosing or treating health conditions. The content on this website is not a substitute for professional health care and is only designed to support, not replace, the existing relationship you have with your health care provider or physician. If you have or suspect you may have a health condition or addiction problem, seek help from your health care provider or physician. Anyone who feels at risk for suicide should call 911 immediately. The articles found on this website are meant to discuss issues of general nature and interest. Stonegate Center is not responsible for the advice, opinions, views, recommendations or suggestions of any of the writers or contributors of the articles on this website. The purpose of this website is to publish relevant information that might be helpful for individuals and families who are seeking drug and alcohol addiction treatment. Stonegate Center is not associated with any government or federally-funded entities. The phone number provided on this site serves the communities of Texas, the surrounding areas and anyone residing in the USA seeking treatment for substance use disorder. You consent to our Terms & Conditions by using this website.
Stonegate Center accepts many major insurance carriers. We strongly believe that the cost of drug and alcohol addiction treatment should not prevent you from getting the rehab care you need. Our admissions team will work directly with your insurance company to ensure you maximize your benefits.
Recent Blog Post
For many, the hardest part about addiction recovery is admitting you have a problem with drugs and alcohol. This time can be confusing, stressful, and full of uncertainty. Just don’t think it’s all downhill from there! After you admit your problem, it’s time to reach...
Visit Our Facilities
Azle, TX 76020